When you are suffering with diabetes,part of learnings is to cope with some of the problems that accompany the condition.Hypoglycemia is one of those problems.Hypoglycemia is reduction in blood sugar levels below noral levels.
When blood sugar is below normal level you may feel:
- Blured or double vision
- Rapid heart beats
- Strange or sudden moodiness
If you experience such a situation:
Take sugar immediately (3 teaspoons) otherwise,your blood sugar may further go low.
Why does hypoglycemia occur
- If you eat too little to balance your mediaction with heavy or strenuous exercise.
Tips to manage Hypoglycemia
- The best way to raise your blood sugar is by consuming glucose.
- Carry your diabetes identification card with you always.
- Carry your doctor’s Telephone numbers with you always.
Tips on how to prevent hypoglycemia
Good diabetes ontrol is the best way known to prevent hypoglycemia.The trick is to learn to recognize the symptoms of hypoglycemia. This way,you can treat low blood sugar before it gets worse.
Things to remember:
Consult your doctor if you have any questions.